Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs



A Wolf at the Table by Augusten BurroughsA Wolf at the Table
Author: Augusten Burroughs
Format: Softcover





Description:
A powerful evocation of an American childhood like the US greats, Catcher in the Rye , and My Dark Places .

A memoir with the magical quality of not just describing childhood but actually making the reader remember what it was like to be a child. The prequel to international hit Running With Scissors , Wolf at the Table tells the story of Augusten's relationship with his tormented father. A man who sent his wife mad and saw his other son run away from home, prior to Augusten going into foster care.

Harrowing, insightful and amusing by turns, this book contains all of the quirks his fans adore.From the author: 'My father doesn't feature much in Running with Scissors . And one of the reasons for this is because he didn't feature much in my life. But there's another reason, too: our relationship was so complicated, so dark, so confusing and so big, that to tell the story would require a book.

So finally, upon the death of my father in 2005, I decided to tell the story I have been most afraid yet most compelled to tell.

In some respects, I look at this book as my biggest, most personally challenging project to date. Because my father - not my mother - has always been the driving force behind my ambition'.

Purchase this book:
Buy this book online in South-Africa
Buy this book at Amazon.com

Also Available:
Buy this Audio Book at Amazon.com
Buy this Kindle Book at Amazon.com